The platform stores vehicle history as such for up to 6 months. You may playback animated history at any point in time you wish to (apparently, within six months time).
Vehicle history can be seen without animation too. Latest addition to history being timeline selection, where timeline can be chosen to view the position history of vehicles on historical route trail.
You will get an overview on where all your vehicles have gone, which routes the vehicles plied on, at what speed they were driven, where and when did the vehicles stop and for how long.
How to view vehicle history?
Step 1. Go to the <MapView> tab on the main menu.
Step 2. Choose <History> from left panel as shown in the following image.
Step 3. Choose the vehicle for which you wish to view history.
Step 4. Identify your exact requirements (refer the following paragraph) and choose from one of the three history modes as followed.
- Auto history helps you fetch quick history of the selected vehicle, say the history for 1H, 2H, 4H, 8H, 1 Day, 2 days, 4 days or even a week.
- With custom mode, you may select a time frame, say from <start time> to <end time> and view the history for this period.
- Trip history lets you see all the trips made by your vehicle for a given date.
- Animation speed can be selected from a scale of 'x' to '128x' where 'x' stands for the real speed of the vehicle.
- You may pause/restart the animated history at any point in time while viewing vehicle history.
- History is shown on the map with a route trail & directional arrows that help you determine where your vehicle may have headed to.
- Stop notifications on the map helps you identify the stoppages your vehicle has made on a trip. Stop notifications offer information viz, stoppage time, location, driver, etc.
- Once you complete running the history, you may save it as a route to be used as route fence for one of your vehicles in the future; this helps you limit unauthorized usage of your vehicles.